What is the TABC?
The Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission is responsible for the enforcement and regulation of all phases of liquor by the drink in the State of Tennessee

What is a TABC Server Permit/ABC Card?
This card is what you need to serve alcohol at any liquor-by-the-drink establishment in Tennessee. A 5 hour instructional class is required by law to obtain this card. In this class you will learn alcohol awareness, the proper techniques for prevention and carding, and proper intervention.

How do I acquire my ABC Server Permit?
Sign up for one of our certified classes here. You may pick up your card at any of the TABC offices listed below. The application must be notarized before going to the TABC office. You will need a cashiers check or money order. The TABC does not accept cash.

500 James Robertson Pkwy, 3rd Floor
(615) 741-1602
4420 Whittle Springs
(865) 594-6342
170 North Main, 11th Floor
(901) 543-7284
540 McCallie Ave, Suite 341
(423) 634-6434

Is there a grace period for obtaining a card?
There is a sixty-one (61) day grace period from date of hire or a promotion from a non-serving position to a serving position (example - host to server). If you already have an ABC card and your card is about to expire, you must obtain a new permit before your old one expires with no grace period.

How do I pay?
AIM only accepts cash and company checks. We do not accept personal checks.